October 23-25, 2020
We are delighted to announce the 2020 Guitoberfest dates and details! The festival this year will be entirely online; it starts on Friday October 23rd at 4 pm NYC time and will run until Sunday evening, October 25th, NYC time.
What is it?
Guitoberfest started back in 2014 and has undertaken several different iterations. From online, to in-person workshops in NYC, from one month long to a one day special! What ties them all together is a fun classical guitar event run by CGC in the month of October.
All activities are free for CGC members and involve lectures, workshops, masterclasses, and open mic; we really hope you can join us for a fun weekend of classical guitar!
Some exciting guests will join the CGC Team and bring their experience and knowledge to the festival. Here is the list of teachers and lecturers of the 2020 Guitoberfest:
- Thomas Flippin
- Christopher Mallett
- Gary Lee
- Richard Charlton
- Sanja Plohl
- James Erickson
- Simon Powis
- Dave Belcher
- Nicoletta (Niki) Todesco
All activities will be on Zoom, and you will receive the link to the meeting before the event starts.
- Each lecturer will give a presentation of 45-50 minutes and then will answer questions from the audience
- The chat will be open for questions as well
- During these active workshops everyone is welcome and encouraged to participate actively.
- Modality and details change for each workshop
- Be ready with your guitar for a 30 minutes active warm-up session
- All participants’ microphones will be turned off during the session, but this is not an excuse for not playing the exercises!
- There will be 4-5 active participants for each masterclass; everyone else is welcome to audit
- Registration for masterclasses opens on October 1st and closes on October 18th. People willing to participate as an active student should choose a piece and send a video of their performance.
- If too many people sign up for the masterclass, each teacher will determine the active students based on the pieces they would like to teach.
- We will not accept videos sent after October 18th.
- There will be 3 Open Mic sessions to include as many performances as possible.
- Open Mic registration starts on October 1st and ends on October 18th.
- People willing to perform need to send a video of them performing the piece; the video will be played during the Open Mic session. We will not accept videos sent after October 18th since we need time to prepare and edit the Open Mic session.
- If you wish to present the piece, you can introduce it in your video with a brief presentation. The Open Mic videos cannot exceed 7 minutes of length (introduction included).
- On opening night we want to feature your fantastic ensemble performances!
- Ensemble Concert registration starts on October 1st and ends on October 18th.
- Groups willing to perform need to send a video of the performance by October 18th; videos submitted later cannot be accepted.
- If you wish to present the piece, you can introduce it in your video with a brief presentation. The Ensemble videos cannot exceed 8 minutes of length (introduction included).
- You only need to show up and enjoy the performances, better if accompanied by a glass of wine!
Q&A Happy Hour:
- There is no Guitoberfest without party! Mandatory drink (coffee or tea if you prefer) and friendly vibes.
- The CGC Team will be there enjoying a casual zoom meeting ready to answer your questions (all questions!)
- Since we need to provide access to everyone, we need to know who will be there, so please reserve your spot by filling the registration form below.
And if you are too curious, this is how the Guitoberfest schedule will look like:
|October 23||October 24||October 25|
|10:00 AM||Warm-Up Session||Warm-Up Session|
|4:00 PM||Welcome||Open Mic||Lecture|
|4:30 PM||CGC Team
|5:00 PM||Workshop||Q&A HappyHour|
|6:30 PM||Ensemble Concert||Masterclass||Workshop|
|7:30 PM||Teachers’ Concert||Open Mic|
|8:00 PM||Open Mic|
I HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL THERE!